- Have to see
Did you know?
The manor house of Lednické Rovne is the town’s oldest edifice. It dates back to the second half of the 16th century when it was most likely built by order of Štefan Telekessy, the owner of Lednica manor, in the Renaissance style. Later in the 18th century, the house was influenced by the Baroque style, and following the fashion of that time, a chapel was built inside. An impressive English landscape park was also laid out. The manor house shows signs of classicism too, such as on the richly decorated entrance door. Under the direction of the owner Jozef Schreiber, a major reconstruction took place at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. The house went through a difficult period after the World War II and was comprehensively plundered. In 1945, it was nationalised, transformed into a school and, later on, used as the town hall. Today, the manor house is owned by the RONA a. s. company. One part of the house serves as the Slovak Glass Museum, the only one of its kind in Slovakia.
The „Renovation and Revitalization of the Historical Park in Lednické Rovne“ benefits from a € 999,789 grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA grants. The project has been co-financend from the State Budget of the Slovak Republic in the amount of 149,968 €. The aim of the project is to "To restore and revitalise pavements, hypodrome, to cut down some woody plants and planting of new onces instead. A new mobiliare and new rest areas will be placed in the Historical park in Lednicke Rovne. A local Museum of Glass will be renewed and International Glass symposium artworks will be set up within the park. Glass manufacturing and the historical park will be propagated".