- Have to see
Did you know?
The tombstone of Count Johann Gobert Aspremont-Linden II (* 22.09.1757 – † 16.09.1819) was commissioned by his grieving daughter, Countess Mária Erdödy. The sculpture on top of it depicted a woman (the Count's daughter) leaning on an urn garlanded with flowers, and a little child (an angel) holding a coat of arms. According to the writer Mór Jókai, only the Count's heart was laid in the tomb, while his body was buried at the Black Sea coast. Count Johann Gobert Aspremont-Linden II founded an English landscape park in Lednické Rovne at the end of the 18th century. The park had a total area of 18.5 ha. He invited the horticulturalist Wenzel Wágner and the well-known botanist and natural scientist Anton Rochel to assist him. Showing excellent taste, they managed to integrate paths, benches, ponds, small bridges and buildings, sculptures, an orangery and a greenhouse into the park’s natural scenery with its range of native and exotic plants.
The „Renovation and Revitalization of the Historical Park in Lednické Rovne“ benefits from a € 999,789 grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA grants. The project has been co-financend from the State Budget of the Slovak Republic in the amount of 149,968 €. The aim of the project is to "To restore and revitalise pavements, hypodrome, to cut down some woody plants and planting of new onces instead. A new mobiliare and new rest areas will be placed in the Historical park in Lednicke Rovne. A local Museum of Glass will be renewed and International Glass symposium artworks will be set up within the park. Glass manufacturing and the historical park will be propagated".